Imaginative recipes to make your mouth water
You don’t always know about the food and flavours you’re going to love. It’s great when you can bring the restaurant, dinner party or barbecue into your own home with recipes for some of the most delicious meals.
Modern cuisine and travel has allowed us to discover and enjoy herbs and spices, flavours and textures, dishes and cooking techniques from every corner of the globe.
At the Alfresco Chef, we bring wonderful recipes from around the world home to you. We want you to get the most out of your wood fired oven and cooking accessories with recipes from expert chefs both here in the UK and further afield. It’s about you having lots of fun with wood fired cooking!
So get inspired and take a look at the mouth-watering dishes and recipes we have here.
Our ultimate wood fired garlic bread...
- Dust your pizza peel with flour and place your shaped dough on top.
- For the garlic butter, combine 50g of soft butter, 1 clove of minced or grated garlic and a crack of black pepper.
- Spread the butter mix over the base.
- Sprinkle over a handful of Parmesan and drizzle with truffle or olive oil.
- Cook in a wood fired oven at around 400°c turning regularly until cooked (Approx 90-120 seconds)
Wood Fired Roast Potatoes
- Parboil your potatos and allow to cool.
- Whilst cooling, fire up your wood fired oven to a temperature of around 200-220°c
- Keep the oven door closed to maintain the temperature, adding small pieces of wood if the temperature drops.
- Add oil or fat to the cast iron pan and preheat in your wood fired oven.
- Once the oil/fat is beginning to smoke, carefully add the potatoes to the pan and season to your liking.
- Stir to evenly to coat the potatoes with oil. Place into your wood fired oven and close the door.
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- If the desired colour is reached before potatoes are cooked, loosely attach a foil hood to the pan to prevent the potatoes from burning during the rest of the cook.