We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users. We hope the details on this page will answer any questions you have regarding Personal Data or Security but if not, please do get in touch with us.
The term ‘Innovative Food Ingredients Ltd or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website; Alfresco Chef.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
OUR ROLE AS THE DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller is a person or organisation who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
We are the sole Data Controllers for this website. With respect to the personal data of our website users; we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that data.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different types of legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why. The legal bases we may rely on include:
- Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract, we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information, which overrides our legitimate interests)
INTENDED WEBSITE USERS
This website is directed at consumers, to inform them about our products and services. The site and its content are directed at adults over the age of 16. While those under 16 can view the site and its content, users of our services are consumers above this age.
Any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) given to us while using our website is only shared with our trusted data processors. The data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, marketing (if consent is given), analysis, security, back-ups and communicating with you.
Data is collected in the following ways:
ONLINE CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
This website requires a user account to be used. We collect personal information, profile information or registration information by default when you:
- Create and manage an account
- Place orders for products or services or register items purchased from us.
The following data may be collected and used for email marketing purposes when consent is given by the user:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Geographic location
Any information submitted through our contact forms will be held securely on our servers. Clear consent must be given to this Policy when submitting any data through our contact forms. All data will be stored for up to 24 months and used to contact you regarding your enquiry.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will only do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
ANALYTICS & TRACKING
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
We will sometimes be required to share data with trusted Third Parties who act as Data Processors on our behalf. Data will only be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, marketing (if consent is given), security, back-ups and communicating with you.
Data Processors are a person or organisation who deals with personal data as instructed by the controller for specific purposes and services offered to the controller that involve personal data processing.
To keep your data safe and protect your privacy, we have a strict policy with these organisations:
- The only data given to the Processor will be what they need to perform their specific services.
- We only give them permission to use the data for the exact purposes we agree in our contract with them.
- We only use trusted Data Processors with clear terms and conditions and policies to ensure full compliance with privacy legislation.
- If we stop using any of our Data Processors, all of the data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We will never share your data with third parties for their own purposes unless you have given explicit consent for us to do so.
USER RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. For further information on those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise of those rights or if you wish to access, transfer or delete the data held about you, please contact us. Once notified we can then initiate the process required.
Your data may also be held within a site backup. Backups are stored for 30 days, after which they are deleted permanently.
We hope that we resolve any or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY