You will need:
- Natural Fire Starter – we recommend using a wood wool lighter.
- Kiln Dried Hardwood pre-cut pieces or food grade pellets
- Place a natural wood wool lighter into the firebox and light. Once the wood wool lighter begins to burn, add two to three pieces of kiln dried wood.
Tip: Do not over fill the firebox
- Once the wood begins to burn, place the firebox carefully back into the oven.
Tip: If you have a blowtorch you can use this to speed up the lighting process.
- When the wood starts to burn, continue to add pieces of wood via the feeder until you have reached your desired cooking temperature.
Tip: Keep the door on the oven when heating up to temperature.
- Once the fire has established, keep adding small to medium size pieces of wood until your desired cooking temperature has been reached.
- Use the door to control the temperature of the oven, adding pieces of wood throughout the cooking process to maintain temperature.