Choose your favourite cut of steak (our favourite is Rib-Eye!), season to your liking, and cook over glowing embers in your Alfresco Chef oven to add delicious wood fired flavour!
Your steak can be cooked directly on top of the embers or you can use a cast iron pan or grill rack.
Time: This depends on the cut of steak and your cooking preference
If you are using a temperature probe, here are the internal temperature guidelines
- Rare – 50°C
- Medium rare – 55°C
- Medium -60°C
- Well done – 70°C
- Take your steak out of the fridge half an hour before cooking.
- Rub with your desired seasoning and oil.
- Build the fire in the middle of the oven and allow the wood to start burning down to glowing red embers. You will need to burn enough wood, to make a thick layer of embers.
- Once the wood starts to burn down, using a rake carefully break the embers into blocks in the middle of the oven – Making sure the ash is underneath the glowing embers.
- Once ready, place the cast iron pan, rack on top of the glowing embers and add your seasoned cut of steak. Alternatively, add the steak directly onto the Embers to get that authentic wood fired char.
- Keep the door off the oven and turn ever couple of minutes.
- Once your steak is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven, and leave to rest on a plate before serving.
Serve, Slice and Enjoy!
TIP: If you are using a cast iron grate or pan, pop this in the oven to preheat up whilst you wait for the wood to burn down.