Home-made wood fired pizzas to give your family parties the edge
We all love a good pizza. It’s so much fun when you can create your own little slice of heaven in the comfort of your own home, garden, balcony or back yard.
The Alfresco Chef team has some amazing pizza recipes and tips, from helping you to choose the perfect blend of toppings through to making the crispy bases from fresh pizza dough.
Go for a traditional Margherita pizza, or a more adventurous Quattro Stagioni. You could even try herb topped, folded calzone to seal in those delicious flavours. Our wood fired ovens provide that added wow factor.
So fire up your Alfresco Chef oven, get the dough ready, add your favourite toppings and watch your fantastic pizza creations cook before your very eyes.
Our ultimate wood fired garlic bread...
- Dust your pizza peel with flour and place your shaped dough on top.
- For the garlic butter, combine 50g of soft butter, 1 clove of minced or grated garlic and a crack of black pepper.
- Spread the butter mix over the base.
- Sprinkle over a handful of Parmesan and drizzle with truffle or olive oil.
- Cook in a wood fired oven at around 400°c turning regularly until cooked (Approx 90-120 seconds)
‘FRY UP’ Breakfast Pizza
There is nothing better than a good old English Fry Up!
Egg, bacon, black pudding, sausage, mushroom, passata, red leicester cheese and torn mozzarella
- Precook the bacon, sausage and black pudding and slice ready to add to the base.
- Pre heat oil in a cast iron pan.
- Crack an egg into a pan and slightly fry.
- Dust your pizza peel or board with flour and place your shaped dough on top.
- Spread the passata onto the dough, leaving space at the edge to allow for a crust.
- Add toppings onto the base and place egg in the middle, cover the egg with a small amount of kitchen foil to stop the yolk from burning.
- Cook pizza in a wood fired oven at around 400°C turning regularly until cooked (approx. 90 depending on the toppings used).
Why not finish it off with Ketchup or Brown Sauce!
Wood fired focaccia bread
Infused with tomatoes, olives and rosemary, this wood fired focaccia is a tasty alternative to store-bought bread!
- 500g strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml cold water
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Chopped rosemary
- 6 finely chopped cherry tomatoes
- Black and green olives
- Sift the flour, salt, yeast and 2 tbsp rosemary into a bowl
- Add the olive oil and water to the dry ingredient mix and knead well until you have formed a dough ball
- Gently hand stretch the dough, pinching and folding the sides into the centre. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and continue to repeat this process for 3-5 minutes
- Once done, tip the dough onto the silicone dough mat, brush with oil and knead for 5 more minutes
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film or a tea towel and leave for 30 – 60 minutes in a warm, dry spot
- Once doubled in size, divide the dough into two portions and flatten
- Brush the dough with extra virgin oil and sprinkle with remaining chopped fresh rosemary, crushed olives, cherry tomatoes and sea salt
- Leave to rise for about 20 minutes
- Fire up your wood fired oven then allow to cool to 180-220°c
- Cook your focaccia until golden in colour (approx. 20 minutes)
- Once cooked, remove and brush with some extra olive oil and let it rest for 10 minutes
More than just a pizza oven…
Your Alfresco Chef oven is more than just a pizza oven. If your looking for inspiration on what else you can rustle up in your oven, take a look at our bake and roast sections.