Alfresco Chef ovens to bake with more flavour
So you thought our ovens were only for pizzas? Guess again! Our ovens are for so much more than just pizzas.
We’ve got some amazing baking ideas for you to try, and you’ll get great results from baking your dishes in one of our ovens for that tasty wood fired finish.
From freshly cooked chocolate brownies topped with icing sugar to Mexican tortillas and jacket potatoes with a range of spicy toppings, you really can cook so much more than pizzas in our ovens. Try baking your own fresh bread or focaccia. Who would have thought that bread could taste so good when made so simply at home?
Take a look at our handy hints, tips and recipes here and you’ll see just how many dishes you can bake all year round. We guarantee you that these will quickly become firm family favourites.
Wood fired focaccia bread
Infused with tomatoes, olives and rosemary, this wood fired focaccia is a tasty alternative to store-bought bread!
- 500g strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml cold water
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Chopped rosemary
- 6 finely chopped cherry tomatoes
- Black and green olives
- Sift the flour, salt, yeast and 2 tbsp rosemary into a bowl
- Add the olive oil and water to the dry ingredient mix and knead well until you have formed a dough ball
- Gently hand stretch the dough, pinching and folding the sides into the centre. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and continue to repeat this process for 3-5 minutes
- Once done, tip the dough onto the silicone dough mat, brush with oil and knead for 5 more minutes
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film or a tea towel and leave for 30 – 60 minutes in a warm, dry spot
- Once doubled in size, divide the dough into two portions and flatten
- Brush the dough with extra virgin oil and sprinkle with remaining chopped fresh rosemary, crushed olives, cherry tomatoes and sea salt
- Leave to rise for about 20 minutes
- Fire up your wood fired oven then allow to cool to 180-220°c
- Cook your focaccia until golden in colour (approx. 20 minutes)
- Once cooked, remove and brush with some extra olive oil and let it rest for 10 minutes