What is a Hasselback potato? The name comes from the Swedish word Hasselbacken, a Stockholm restaurant where it was first served. It’s a certain hit at any dinner party!
- Heat your wood fired oven to 200C or higher.
- Place your potatoes on a chopping board and slice every few mm, be careful to not cut all the way through, try to leave a 1 cm gap at the bottom.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Get stuck in and coat them well and try to get in between the slices.
- Add the potatoes to their own tin foil parcel and cover before placing in your wood fired oven.
- Roast for 30-45 mins until potatoes of tender throughout. Open the tinfoil parcel for the last 10 minutes for an extra crispy spud.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before garnishing with parsley.
TIP: Add crushed garlic to your olive oil before coating the potatoes.